To offer the best service possible we have offices in the US and in Canada, including Toronto, Montreal, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and White Plains New York.
LEVERAGE NOVA DBA'S HEALTH CHECK TO GAIN PROFESSIONAL INSIGHT ABOUT YOUR DATABASE HEALTH & PERFORMANCE
There is no better way to proactively insure your systems are meeting user demand other than a database health check. Nova DBA experts retrace your environment searching for potential pitfalls, damaged infrastructures, and other issues that could lead to a catastrophic data loss event. Stated in our main activities we have provided just a few of the many activates we perform during a database health check.
Nova DBA’s proprietary secure script gathers advanced and detailed information:
- 85 data points
- sp_Blitz, which returns another 100+
- Custom trace
Health Check Main Activities
Check disk controller configurations and RAID levels.
Instance Level Audit
Review of instance-level memory and processor configuration settings.
Identify logins with system admin privileges.
Database Properties Review
Check recovery models, statistics generation, and file placements.
Backup and Recovery
Review of backup and recovery strategies.
HEALTH CHECK METHODOLOGY
Step 1: Discovery and Data Collection
- Document database system, applications, storage, and current maintenance strategy
- Methodology of data collection (on-site or remote)
- Determine optimal trace time to ensure capture of peak workloads
- Gather key insights (long running queries, deadlocks, etc.)
Step 2: Data Analysis
- Analyze data captured within the trace, and correlate data stemming from multiple areas to understand relationships within the environment
- Review best practices and maintenance strategy
Step 3: Report and Review
- Deliver report of findings and recommendations
- Review report and discuss via WebEX conference with client
Step 4 : Implementation (Options)
- Nova DBA experts implement best practice recommendations
- Take advantage of our report and use your own team to implement recommendations